The other day, I was procrastinating something-or-other browsing the blogosphere and I came across this amazing discovery: Scented Playdough with a Valentine Twist!
So, I asked for permission to share it here and my daughter and I gave it a go.
1 cup flour
1/2 cup salt
1 cup water
1 tablespoon oil (canola or whatever you have)
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
3-4 drops essential oil (we used the most fantastic LoveSpell scent from Delish Naturals)
food coloring of choice
2 tablespoons dry rose petals
1. Add a couple drops of the food coloring into the 1 cup of water.
2. Put flour, salt, cream of tartar, oil, and tinted water into a medium sauce pan.
3. Cook the mixture over medium heat until it bubbles, stirring constantly until it thickens.
4. Remove from heat then stir in a few drops of essential oil and the dried herbs or flowers.
When my son saw how cool it was we made some more and added in glitter!!
5. Put the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth.
6. You can store any leftover dough in an airtight container or leave the creations out to airdry. We have ours in a bag and have been pulling it out every day. It leaves our hands smelling totally delish. Thanks, Krystal!
Thanks, 5OrangePotatoes, we love it!
Don’t forget the fantastic giveaways being offered, right now!
Elizabeth is a Kamloops lifer. Born at RIH, she is happy to be raising her family here. Married with four wonderful children, Elizabeth is also teacher and enjoys working with parents as she learns more about this “Mommy gig”. Elizabeth is passionate about parenting and enjoys networking with other parents.