This year I had a bumper crop of plums and early harvest of pears. So I came across this great recipe for Pear/Plum crumble and modified it a bit to create a great dessert. The pairing of the sweet ripe plums and firm slightly tart pears makes it super yummy!
Pear/ Plum Crumble
For the filling:
• 6 Ripe plums, cut in half and pitted. (My plums are small so I ended up using about a dozen)
• 4 ripe pears
• ¼ cup honey
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
For the crumble:
• ⅔ cup whole wheat flour
• 1 cup rolled oats (can be omitted for nut allergies)
• ¼ cup sliced almonds
• ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
• 1/2 cup butter, chilled and cut into cubes
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Cut sliced plums and pears into bite-sized pieces and place them into10 inch baking dish.
3. Pour honey and cinnamon evenly over fruit and stir together well.
4. To make the crumble, put flour, oats, almonds, and brown sugar into medium with your fingertips until mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
5. Scatter the crumble mixture evenly over prepared fruit in baking dish.
6. Bake for 45 minutes or until the fruit is bubbling and the topping is golden and crisp. Serve warm with either ice cream or whipping cream.
As always, you and your ideas are wonderfully welcomed. If you are interested in getting involved with KamloopsParents.com simply email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can chat!