Whether you’re a musician, a thespian, a dancer, a writer, a filmmaker or a visual artist, you know you’ve got the talent. Make 2017 the year you share it with the world! Join Kamloops Arts Council staff and local artists for a FREE interactive evening of tips and tricks on writing your bio and artist statement, getting on social media, applying for festivals and more. Plus, update your headshot on the spot with the services of a professional photographer (fee applies).
The event takes place Tuesday, Jan. 24, 5:30-8:30pm at the KAC at Lansdowne Village (unit 204 near Booster Juice). Attendees will move from table to table at this “speed-dating-style” event, learning about as many topics as they’d like.
- Applying to Shows & Festivals by Juli Harland, local musician & publisher of The Mix
- Social Media: Facebook, Twitter & Instagram by Hope Mikal, local artist / event planner
- Must-Have Marketing Materials by Lorel Sternig, local artist & KAC events manager
- Creating your Online Directory Listing & Beyond by Jenn Ruemper, KAC office coordinator
- Writing Your Bio & Artist Statement by Kathy Sinclair, writer/editor and KAC executive director
- Get a Professional Headshot (photo) on the spot by Jacquie Shinkewski, photographer ($5 fee applies for KAC members, $10 for non-members)
Though the event is free of charge, pre-registration is required atwww.kamloopsarts.ca or 250.372.7323.