- This event has passed.
SportMedBC Sports First Aid Course
February 20, 2016 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Date: Saturday February 20th 2016
Time: 9:00am – 5:00pm
Location: PacificSport Interior (Tournament Capital Centre – 910 McGill Road, Kamloops, BC V2C 6N6)
Cost: $90 (+ GST)
This eight-hour course serves as an introduction to the prevention and on-site management of sports-related injuries. It is an excellent opportunity for parents, coaches, and recreational leaders to gain valuable skills & knowledge surrounding athletic injury management. The following topics will be discussed in detail:
– Role, responsibility, and limitations of a Sports First Aid provider
– Benefits & functionality of baseline medical examinations
– Current best-practices in the prevention and management of common sports-related injuries
– Emergency Action Plans
– Recognition of potentially hazardous situations
– Proper control & handling of life-threatening situations
– Sports First Aid Kits – Essential components, and the use of medical supplies/equipment
A certificate will be issued to participants upon completion of the course.
*This course is eligible for professional development credits through the BCRPA and NCCP*
Jodi is originally from Montréal, Quebec but spent a few years in Northern New Brunswick after graduating from University. She moved to Kamloops in the Spring of 2010 with her family and works as an educational assistant. Her 7 and 8 year old keep her really busy as they love exploring the area and enjoying what Kamloops has to offer!