I first made this chipotle beef stew while camping up at Jasper National Park back in 2012.
It’s now a favorite of our family and we make it almost each time we head out on a camping trip!
1 tsp chipotle salsa OR 1 tsp chipotle chili seasoning
Continue reading Camping Meals: Chipotle Beef Stew
Camping season is not quite over yet!
Here is another yummy dinner recipe perfect for camping that is not only easy to make, but you can also make it as spicy (or not!) as you like it.
Also, this meal makes a great vegetarian option, but you can add chicken breasts if you like.
Ingredients Continue reading Camping Meals: Noodles & Spicy Peanut Sauce
Camping is a big part of our summers, and planning our meals before leaving home translates into less waste, healthier options and more interesting meals! Since we only use a pot and skillet to cook our meals while camping, I figured any recipe using an oven was out, until I discovered this recipe for Skillet Lasagna from the Dirty Gourmet.
- oil (or butter)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound ground beef (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red chili flakes
- 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/3 pound mozzarella, sliced
- 6 sheets of lasagna noodles (the no cook ones work best for this recipe, but I have used the other kind and boiled, strained, rolled the noodles before leaving home to bring with us)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach (I use whatever greens we have on hand, usually kale that has been removed from the rib and shredded)
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Continue reading Camping Meals: Lasagna