Camping with the family is a great way to get outdoors, unplug and relax with the family. We’d like to know what is your favorite camping spot in the Kamloops area?
I first made this chipotle beef stew while camping up at Jasper National Park back in 2012.
It’s now a favorite of our family and we make it almost each time we head out on a camping trip!
1 tsp chipotle salsa OR 1 tsp chipotle chili seasoning
Continue reading Camping Meals: Chipotle Beef Stew
Camping is a big part of our summers, and planning our meals before leaving home translates into less waste, healthier options and more interesting meals! Since we only use a pot and skillet to cook our meals while camping, I figured any recipe using an oven was out, until I discovered this recipe for Skillet Lasagna from the Dirty Gourmet.
- oil (or butter)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound ground beef (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red chili flakes
- 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/3 pound mozzarella, sliced
- 6 sheets of lasagna noodles (the no cook ones work best for this recipe, but I have used the other kind and boiled, strained, rolled the noodles before leaving home to bring with us)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach (I use whatever greens we have on hand, usually kale that has been removed from the rib and shredded)
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
This month, our Been There Done That squad answers the question:
What are some tips for camping with children that you can provide?