One of my favorite summertime activities is enjoying a picnic at Riverside Park with the family on a warm summer evening before heading over to the Rotary Bandshell for some Music in the Park. We like to fill up our collapsible cooler with fresh fruit, veggies and a selection of easy to make salads.
This Chicken Kale Quinoa Salad is one of our favorite salads. I prepare the chicken breasts ahead of time and refrigerate, ready to be used at a moment’s notice.
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 1 medium-sized head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 8 stalks of kale, chopped
- handful (each) of raw almonds, pumpkin and sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1. Cook the chicken breasts. I prefer the following method, as it Continue reading Easy Summertime Dinner Salad: Chicken Kale Quinoa Salad