Contribute to KamloopsParents.Com
Each month, we have a maximum of ten guest post spots. If you write a post and your story is selected and published on the site in August and September, your name will be entered into the draw to win one amazing 60-minute massage with Nicola at Aina Massage Spa!
Submit your story with 1 to 5 appropriate photos and a little bit about you, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Stories should be between 350 and 1250 words.
Here are our entries and the winner from June and July!!
- June 5th – Sharleen Ice Block Adventures
- June 6th – Melanie Jello Cookies
- June 7th – Jennifer Tails Book Review
- June 8th – Wendy Puddle Jumper Review
- June 12th – Dawnica Father’s Day Gifts
- June 13th – Erynn Coconut Chocolate Pudding
- June 18th – Amber Make Yourself a Positive Role Model
- June 19th – Kammi Glitter Mask
- June 20th – Vanessa Gluten-free Vegan Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
- June 21st – Holly Gardening Book Reviews
- July 4th – Sarah Mayonnaise Chocolate Cake
- July 9th – Anatasia DIY Tea Party Birthday
- July 11th – Valoree Rainbow Birthday Cake
- July 16th – Sheri Tough Mudder, Tough Mother
- July 18th – Michelle Dad Ices Birthday Cakes
- July 18th – Tamara Sibling Ices Birthday Cakes
- July 18th – Jen Food Sensitivity Fancy Icing
- July 18th – Joanne Sugar Free Icing
- July 25th – Lori Wacky Chocolate Cake
Our winner, drawn by www.random.org, is… #18
Joanne, thanks for sending in your photo of your Watermelon Birthday Cake! You are the winner of our 60-minute massage giveaway with Aina Massage Spa!
This summer, we also have kids sharing their experiences, stories and reviews. We are pairing up with Tumbleweed Toys to give these kids a $10 gift certificate when their story is posted!
Give your kids a little extra incentive to write and think this summer, with www.KamloopsParents.Com and Tumbleweed Toys!!
They can earn $10 from Tumbleweed Toys for having their toy review, crafty creation, book review posted on the site, or by sharing a recipe or just writing about an awesome adventure and sending in some images. Read more details here.
Our young writers, so far, are:
Riley – ‘Luga Whale Adventures
Hunter – The Littles book review
Jefferey – Queen Bee Search
Another way to get involved with KamloopsParents.Com is our Kids With Cameras Scavenger Hunt!
There are going to be three different clues posted every Thursday. Check them out and try to guess what they are and capture a photograph of it! Then, send the pictures to email@example.com. You can try one, two or all three! The winner, chosen at the end of the summer, will be the child that has solved the most puzzles! Their photography will be posted on www.KamloopsParents.com in early September.
Elizabeth is a Kamloops lifer. Born at RIH, she is happy to be raising her family here. Married with four wonderful children, Elizabeth is also teacher and enjoys working with parents as she learns more about this “Mommy gig”. Elizabeth is passionate about parenting and enjoys networking with other parents.