It was Thursday. The day of my daughter’s second birthday. I have no money to spend on a lavish birthday girl and a daughter who doesn’t really “need” anything, but likes a lot of things. I had a party to prepare for and a nap to take and a bunch of other things on my plate. I had an idea of what I wanted to get for her, and was planning to make it, but ran out of time (another little tutorial coming, perhaps?). My daughter loves dress-up. I mean, LOVES dress-up. Also, she likes to dance and be girly, so, I went to my scrap fabric cupboard and found some things that would work to make a quick tu-tu.
1)about 1.5m of tulle (I just happened to have two colours)
2)enough elastic to fit around her waist (about 30cm)
4) my sewing machine (but you could totally sew the elastic by hand)
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
1) I sewed the elastic into a circle.
3) I folded the strips (see above) in half and pulled the fold over the elastic.
4) Pull the strips through the loop on the top.
5) Pull tight.
6) Continue with all the strips, all the way around, until you’re done. Spread them out to fill the space.
Elizabeth is a Kamloops lifer. Born at RIH, she is happy to be raising her family here. Married with four wonderful children, Elizabeth is also teacher and enjoys working with parents as she learns more about this “Mommy gig”. Elizabeth is passionate about parenting and enjoys networking with other parents.