This year I had a bumper crop of plums and early harvest of pears. So I came across this great recipe for Pear/Plum crumble and modified it a bit to create a great dessert. The pairing of the sweet ripe plums and firm slightly tart pears makes it super yummy!
Pear/ Plum Crumble
For the filling:
• 6 Ripe plums, cut in half and pitted. (My plums are small so I ended up using about a dozen)
• 4 ripe pears
• ¼ cup honey
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
For the crumble:
• ⅔ cup whole wheat flour
• 1 cup rolled oats (can be omitted for nut allergies)
• ¼ cup sliced almonds
• ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
• 1/2 cup butter, chilled and cut into cubes
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Cut sliced plums and pears into bite-sized pieces and place them
As always, you and your ideas are wonderfully welcomed. If you are interested in getting involved with KamloopsParents.com simply email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can chat!