- This event has passed.
2018 Logan Lake Polar Carnival
February 10, 2018 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
This year’s Logan Lake Polar Carnival will be a marrying of 2 long standing events. Logan Lake Day (that usually takes place on August long weekend) celebrates its 10th birthday this year, and Polar Carnival celebrates its 45th anniversary this year. Both events will share the same celebration day on Saturday, February 10th from 10am to 4pm in Logan Lake. What a fun way to spend the kick off to your Family Day long weekend!!!
Events will be taking place all over the town and to participate all you have to do is support the event by buying and wearing a Logan Lake Polar Carnival button! Buttons are only $4 each which is your all access pass to participate in everything! Including:
– the tube park on the #1 fairway at the Meadow Creek Golf Course (sleds provided)
– ice fishing fun (gear provided and everyone who catches a fish will have a chance to win a super ice fishing prize)
– mega messy art festival (at the elementary school along with face painting, donut eating contest and more)
– massive kids zone (at the high school with Drummer Dave, Uncle Chris the Clown, photo booth, bouncers and games)
– hockey games to spectate at the Recreation Centre
– indoor and outdoor skating and much more.
Our main event will feature X-Games medalist Josh Penner and his colleague Dan Shaffer snowmobile stunt jumping at Maggs Park! Shows are at 10am, 12:30pm and 2:30pm.Check out Josh Penner here… https://vimeo.com/197363514
Concessions will be serving up hotdogs and hamburgers all around town throughout the day, and there will be free cocoa and apple cider at the Tube Park and on Logan Lake at the fire pit warming stations too! Top the evening off with International Food Night at one of the many local restaurants!!
What will you need to pack? Wear your snow gear and pack ice skates! Sleds and fishing poles will be available for use at the event.
Buttons are available at the event or you can pre-purchase them at the Little Monkey’s Treehouse in Aberdeen now starting on February 1st for only $4 a piece! Your button is your all access event pass!!!!
Jodi is originally from Montréal, Quebec but spent a few years in Northern New Brunswick after graduating from University. She moved to Kamloops in the Spring of 2010 with her family and works as an educational assistant. Her 7 and 8 year old keep her really busy as they love exploring the area and enjoying what Kamloops has to offer!