- This event has passed.
Kamloops Writers Festival
November 4, 2016 @ 7:30 pm
The Kamloops Writers Festival is a three-day event held every November that gives writers in the Central Interior an opportunity for learning, networking, and professional development, and readers a glimpse into the writing life. We welcome writers of all genres and at all levels.
Readers and writers of all ages and interests are welcome to purchase a Festival Pass ($105 / $90), or to register for individual events. For full information about this year’s guest authors, visit the Kamloops Writers Festival website.
Weekend Passes Available – get access to ALL Writers Festival events and workshops! Plus, the first 12 writers who purchase a festival pass will have the opportunity to register in a blue pencil session with one of the festival presenters.
- Earlybird (by Sept. 30) – $95 (not applicable)
- Regular Price Weekend Pass – $105
- Student Weekend Pass – $90 (must provide valid ID)
Friday, Nov. 4, 7:30pm – In Conversation With… at the Old Courthouse Cultural Centre
(Richard Wagamese, Michael V. Smith, Ashley Little, Elizabeth Bachinsky) – $15
Saturday, Nov. 5 at the Old Courthouse Cultural Centre
- 10-11:30am – Workshop with Richard Wagamese – $30
- 10-11:30am – Workshop with Michael V. Smith – $30
- 11:30-1 – Lunch / Networking (Includes soup & sandwiches (gluten free & vegetarian options available); cookies & fruit- $10
- 1-2:30pm – Workshop with Ashley Little – $30
- 1-2:30pm – Reading with Richard Wagamese – $10
- 3-4:30pm – Workshop with Elizabeth Bachinsky – $30
- 3-4:30pm – Reading with Michael V. Smith – $10
- 7:30pm – Reading with Ami McKay @TRU – Student $10/Non Student $15
- 12:30-1:45pm – Ashley Little
- 2-3:15pm – Elizabeth Bachinsky
Jodi is originally from Montréal, Quebec but spent a few years in Northern New Brunswick after graduating from University. She moved to Kamloops in the Spring of 2010 with her family and works as an educational assistant. Her 7 and 8 year old keep her really busy as they love exploring the area and enjoying what Kamloops has to offer!