Now’s your chance! Join Western Canada Theatre’s large team of volunteer usher today!
If you’re looking for opportunities to give back to your community, meet new people and see exciting theatre, music and dance, volunteering with WCT could be the right opportunity for you.
If you are seeking professional development opportunities to build skills and training, volunteering with WCT could be the right choice for you.
If you are looking for an internship experience that aligns with your education path, volunteering with WCT could be the right fit for you.
Volunteers are the heart of WCT. More than 200 volunteers share their time and skills, donating over 10,000 hours each season.
- At WCT, our volunteer ushers are assigned a variety of tasks:
- greeting patrons at the door
- showing and assisting patrons to their seats
- checking and ripping ticket stubs
- selling items at the concession and bar
- checking patrons’ coats and belongings
- selling raffle tickets
- answering patron quesitons
- ensuring the theatre policies and procedures are followed
- assisting with building evacuations and safety issues as they arise
We ask that our volunteer ushers commit to ten ushering shifts per season (September-June). Volunteers must attend evacuation and safety training prior to the start of the season.
Wednesday, Sept. 7, 11:30am – 12:30pm
Thursday, Sept. 8, 4:30pm – 5:30pm
Sagebrush Theatre, 1300 9th Avenue
For further information, please contact Heather Regan, Client and Audience Services Manager, at email@example.com
As always, you and your ideas are wonderfully welcomed. If you are interested in getting involved with KamloopsParents.com simply email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can chat!